- Posted by Team Superwoman
- On January 6, 2017
In the first part of this topic we talked about how dandruff is made of yellowish flakes whereas dry scalp has small whitish flakes that fall off when you comb. It is important to know the distinction between both so that you can give them their appropriate treatment.
While one is as a result of too much oil (dandruff) the other is caused by lack of oil (dry scalp)
Is caused by:
- Oily skin (seborrheic dermatitis): This is the major cause of dandruff
- Not washing your hair as often as you should: Women with dandruff need to wash their hair more regularly than others to reduce the buildup of oil on their scalps.
- Fungal infection known as malassezia (in chronic cases)
- Clean your comb and brush regularly.
- Change your pillow case regularly to avoid re infecting yourself
- Use shampoos and conditioners containing Tea Tree oil. They have natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Reduce your usage of oily styling products. Your scalp already produces too much oil.
- See a demartologist.
- Use dandruff treating shampoos
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Diets rich in zinc, B-complex vitamins and Omega-3 fatty acids.
hope this was helpful?
Follow us on Twitter @superwomanorg
Follow us on Instagram superwoman.com.ng
Like us on Facebook Facebook.com/superwoman.com.ng
Follow us on Google plus Superwoman.com.ng
Subscribe to our youtube channel
Send us a mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Read any post you like? share and drop your comments
And contact us If you would love to advertise on our magazine and/or site