- Posted by Team Superwoman
- On January 3, 2014
In Mark 10
Jesus said the right way to receive the kingdom is “as a child” and I began to meditate on the attitude of children. How do children receive things?
1. THEY BELIEVE: A child’s mind is open, tell them about Santa and the tooth ferry and they’ll believe they exist, no skeptism, no challenging those who said it, no thinking of how it will work. They just BELIEVE. I strongly believe it is this kind of attitude Jesus wants us to enter the kingdom with.
2. Children ALWAYS TRUST on their parents for provision: Have you ever heard a child say “my mummy will buy another one for me” they are not anxious, they don’t think of how they’ll get their provisions because as long as they are concerned, “mummy will buy another one” end of story.8
3. Ever heard a child say “aunty said we should not touch it” RESPECT TO AUTHORITY: children have this consciousness that this person is my superior and even if I don’t like all her/his instructions I’ll RESPECT them.
When I consider these attribute, I understand to some extent what Christ means.
1) Believe whole heartedly on him, don’t be skeptical of even things you may not understand, just believe.
2) Be anxious for nothing
3) Respect those who have authority over you